Inspired by Melissa (Suburban Bliss), who was inspired by Maggie (Mighty Girl)…a list of 100 things to do before I die. I don’t remember why this isn’t a bucket list. Semantics? This is edition #1 – 25, I guess. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up with 101.
1. Take a road trip our west with the 3 kids. Have it be at least as fun as the Brady Bunch made it seem, minus the villain adventure.
2. Take my parents to San Francisco.
3. Spend a week in Disney World, stay in the park in moderate to deluxe accommodations. Not sweat or regret the cost.
4. Take a cruise.
5. Swim in clear blue waters, the kind in which you can see all the way to the sand bottom.
6. Take the Amtrak or the Canadian railway across the country.
7. Climb Half Dome. Stay in the park at Yosemite.
8. Take a credit card tour by bicycle. On flat-ish land.
9. Find a job outside of the house that is challenging, interesting, uses my skills, talents, pays well.
10. Save money just to save it. (Don’t spend every dime on travel or Target).
11. Take a sabbatical – live a life away from home for several weeks/months.
12. Volunteer for an organization that really needs my help.
13. Buy my way out of trouble.
14. Bicycle 10 miles every day for a summer.
15. Quickly walk a 5K.
16. Plant a garden, nurture said garden, reap the food and reduce my grocery bill all summer. Enjoy the process. Stick to it.
17. Spend the Christmas holidays at a resort in a warm clime.
18. Spend more than a week in NYC, in spring or autumn.
19. Make peace with my hair.
20. Be able to set up a tent, even if I don’t want to sleep in it more than night or two.
21. Try acupuncture…to relieve my allergies or headaches or unbalanced qi.
22. Write a short story.
23. Pick a sport/league/tournament and get a season ticket or visit all of the fields/stadiums/arenas. Care about the game because I’ll care about the players.
24. Perfect meatballs.
25. Make an entrance. Not sure if this something you learn to do or if I just want the serendipitous entrance with all the heads turning. Not for falling down in roller skates.